By exposing children to opportunities that help nurture their developing skills, we can enhance their self-esteem, sense of independence and instill a lifelong love for learning.
TODDLER & PRESCHOOL CLASSES
Child development research shows that play-based learning links to improvements in areas of problem-solving, language acquisition, literacy, numeracy, social skills, physical development, hearing and vision. Through play, children use language and thinking skills to compare, plan, problem-solve, negotiate and evaluate.
At Smart Cookie Club classes you can expect your child to freely explore the enrichment activities provided while the caregiver gains insight towards the developing skills. Teachers will model and facilitate play and provide consult for questions or concerns.
The 45 minute classes include a range of play-based learning activities that focus on all essential developmental domains taken from the ELECT document, a framework for Ontario early childhood settings and classrooms.
Membership is automatically granted when you sign up for a season of SCC classes. Member perks include:
- Discounted membership rates
- Weekly informational handouts
- Weekly take-home activities
- Entitlement to one FREE make-up* class
- A sense of community within a familiar group
- Important knowledge of children`s developmental needs
- Information and resources to nurture a lifetime love for learning
- Prorated cost when joining mid-season
What to Expect:
- A weekly informational handout including useful information about child development to contextualize some of the activities you will see in class. We encourage you to share this with other family members and caregivers who may be accompanying your child to class.
- A range of developmentally appropriate activities relating to a theme. The activities will be carefully set up to spark children’s interest and curiosity while including each area of development
- An educational experience for parents and caregivers. Our instructors are there to interact with both the children and adults.
- A play-based curriculum. We encourage the children to follow their interests through the different activities and for their parents/caregivers to follow their child's lead. We know that young children learn best when they are given time to explore and choose activities independently. Teachers will build on the children’s interests and cognitive skills through play.
- A small weekly take-home activity that relates to the learning we’ve done in class and allows you to continue the learning journey at home.
- Support for all your needs! Apart from our weekly focus, we are here to support you with other important aspects of child development. Whether it be eating, sleeping, behaviour, or school-related questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!