At Smart Cookie Club weekend classes you can expect your child to freely explore the enrichment activities provided while parents gain insight towards their child's developing skills. Teachers will model and facilitate play and provide consult for questions or concerns.
Class perks include:
- Discounted rates for members
- Weekly informational handouts
- Weekly take-home activities
- A sense of community within a familiar group
- Important knowledge of child development
- Information and resources to nurture a lifetime love for learning
What to Expect:
- An informational handout including useful information about child development to contextualize some of the activities you will see in class. We encourage you to share this with other family members and caregivers.
- A range of developmentally appropriate activities relating to a theme. The activities will be carefully set up to spark children’s interest and curiosity while including each area of development
- An educational experience for fathers. Our instructors are there to interact with both the children and adults.
- A play-based curriculum. We encourage the children to follow their interests through the different activities and for their parents to follow their child's lead. We know that young children learn best when they are given time to explore and choose activities independently. Teachers will build on the children’s interests and cognitive skills through play.
- A bit of a mess. Some of our activities can get a little messy. Dress yourself and your child appropriately for play.
- A small take-home activity that relates to the learning we’ve done in class and allows you to continue the learning journey at home.
- Support for all your needs! Apart from our weekly focus, we are here to support you with other important aspects of child development. Whether it be eating, sleeping, behaviour, or school-related questions, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Classes are held on Sunday Mornings @ 10:00 at our Trinity Bellwoods studio, located in Artscape Youngplace (180 Shaw street), Studio #306.
Weekend classes are designed to give working parents a chance to spend some quality time with their child while learning more about how to support their development at home. Come and learn some useful tips to easily create fun and educational activities. The curriculum includes a range of play-based learning activities that focus on all essential developmental domains taken from the ELECT document, a framework for Ontario early childhood settings and classrooms.
Parents are their child's most influential teacher!